Webmin Issue

Dene Stringfellow spacemonkey at ridgedale.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 04:36:24 MST 2005

> Are you perhaps running a firewall that blocks 10000 or a router that
> doesn't redirect 10000? I was able to access my YDL server from my
> home LAN (I wasn't running a firewall) but not from the unwashed
> internet. When I added the 10000 port to my router's list of permitted
> ports I was able to log-in to my webmin server from outside as well.
>
> Eric.

Thanks for your response, Eric, yes it was because I have the firewall
turned on!
I found if I added the following line to /etc/sysconfig/iptables:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 10000
-j ACCEPT

I was then able to get a remote login screen for Webmin.

Thanks again.

 Dene Stringfellow