YUM upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2

Kristo SovereignX kristo at ydl.net
Wed Mar 9 09:58:20 MST 2005

How do I upgrade my yum 2.0.7 to 2.2?  I guess it does not happen
automatically with basic yum updates.  Or must I select it in some root
folder?  Newer YUM versions at:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download.ptml

While checking on "yum list"  I see lots of packages not yet installed.
. . XMMS being one of them!   I imagine I installed the basics
originally.  As a newbie, is it best for me to just install all of them
at this time?  I do not want to develop though.  Is that a lot of disk
space used for apps I may never use?

Would rather not start from scratch, that would be devastating for me.
What is the command to install many packages not yet installed?
Example not working:     yum install [xmms ppc 1:1.2.10-2.p base]

Thanks,
Kristo