How resume Airport Base Station under YDL4 only?

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Mar 10 11:14:59 MST 2005

Are you trying to connect the iBook to the wired router via Ethernet? If
so, the sungem driver should work (I assume it's one of the white iBooks).
Resetting a Base Station actually erases the device's firmware. After
that, it must be connected via (crossover) Ethernet to a computer whose IP
address is 192.42.249.15 and whose gateway is 192.42.249.13, which can run
the following: http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/
You must obtain the firmware for your model from the link on that page,
and re-upload it to the Base Station, after which "public" will become the
password. The process will take some trial-and-error, but once you
configure the thing the way you want, you can reconfigure from any machine
on your network.