PS Re: How resume Airport Base Station under YDL4 only?

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 10 14:21:18 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:55:48 -0500, I beartooth wrote:
[....]
> With the wireless router next inside the cable modem, as it wass till
> today, I didn't see a way to make the iBook connect through the server
> *and* the router, instead of just the router.
[....]
> Am I making any sense? Is all this needlessly Rube Goldbergian?
>
> Anyway, what I'm fumbling toward is part of getting all the hardware to
> talk to each other -- an intermediate stage that I'd like to think I can
> do now.
[....]
>> http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/ You must obtain the
>> firmware for your model from the link on that page,
[....]
I hope this is superfluous. Reading more of the stuff on that site, little
of which I understand, I was reminded that the Base Station has a
telephone port. I do not use it. I have neither dialup nor DSL (alas!),
but am strictly on cable broadband. In case that wasn't clear from the
outset, I hope it is now. My apologies if it wasn't before.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Linux Evangelist & Gadfly
neo-redneck, curmudgeonly codger with FC1&2, YDL4