VDQ : Can I let a user restart Privoxy?

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 15:16:09 MST 2005

Mr. Beartooth:

beartooth wrote:
> Ah, yes, sudo .... <sigh> I remember sudo. I saw very early on that
> it was something I needed.
> [...]
> Anyone know of enough of a pons asinorum somewhere that would let
> me learn just enough vi to use sudo? Is visudo it, by any chance?

Here are some useful (and thankfully brief) links for sudo, vi, and visudo:

<http://www.mklinux.org/getting_started/whatnow/sudo.html>
<http://www.tech-geeks.org/contrib/mdrone/LinuxWorkshop/newbie-linux-manual/sections/vi.html>
<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Updating+YDL/Doing+things+as+root>

These should answer *most* of your questions.

> (Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking man pages. [...]

Really? I loathe them as a rule, myself. Perhaps you are more patient
than am I. ;-)

Best wishes,
Clint