Netatalk

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 12:43:08 MST 2005

Mr. Ross:

Brogan Ross wrote:
> I've been using yum install netatalk
> and that seems to work fine. I did that and the YDL showed up in my
> Network browser, but I still got the same message.

I have come in late to this thread, so I do not know what has gone on
before (for instance, what is "the same message"?). However, the "yum
install netatalk" command *should* work fine.

Just one thought: are you issuing the yum command as root? Try typing
"sudo yum install netatalk" and your administrative user's password when
prompted (if you have set up sudo). Otherwise, try using "su" to
actually become root and type the "yum install netatalk" command from there.

Best wishes,
Clint