OT - Care to share your opinion?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue May 17 04:26:31 MDT 2005

Hi Matt:
This is argument can be gotten around very nicely.  First, take note of
the battery status within OS X and make sure before switching to Linux
that the battery is fully charged.  Keep track of the time you are
using Linux and to maximize your effort use Linux only when you are
creating, testing, designing or will engage upon tasks or research
requiring the use of a server!

  Use YDL imbedded or installed on an iPod!  You won't have to worry
about partition issues anymore not from your laptop anyway and besides
Terra Soft will provide you with YDL loaded onto an iPod so you won't
have to do that yourself either.

Another option is to keep the PB connected so that power is continuous
while you are in Linux.

With OS X and all the features in it and Darwin one does not even have
to code in Linux anymore.  Regarding getting detailed information from
the computer effiiciently I used to rely upon gkrellm but even that has
been surpassed elegantly in OS X by a shareware product offered by
www.iconfactory.com (for $12.95) called iPulse.  Like I said there the
only reason to be using Linux is to write/test server stuff.

BSD is that much better and stronger.  Also BSD is not Linux, make sure
you google information regarding the nuances and differences.  It'll
make getting around in OS X a bit easier.

Be well...