[ydl-gen] Question about NAT

hFusion hfusion at cwis.net
Mon Nov 14 21:15:38 MST 2005

Hello, I recently installed YDL 4 on a Power Mac 7300 thanks to
shiner.info.  I was able after numerous google searches to setup a
temporary NAT using my external serial Global Village modem.  I say
temporary because I have not found any Howtos describing how to setup a
PERMANENT NAT.  I have to manually start the NAT server every-time the
server restarts.  More, even though I have it setup in the Network
preferences to automatically redial when the PPP connection is dropped,
it is not.  In fact, I have to restart the computer before I can get
the modem to redial.  (I was, however, able to get it to automatically
connect during boot-up).

Basically, I'm not asking necessarily for a step-by-step manual be
given to me here, but maybe just anyones thoughts on the problems I
described above and possible a link to a good already published
step-by-step guide that is still relevant.

Thank you very much in advance :).