[ydl-gen] Scilab for linux ppc

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Dec 7 23:51:23 MST 2006

I have the default repositories in yum (I added one - forgot what it
was and can't check now as I am in OS X) and yum didn't find g77 (I
typed "yum install g77"). I have been using g77 for years in OS X,
though I switched to xlf when it became (temporarily, alas) available
on OS X (at a great price for edu users and with a 30% to 70%
improvement in performance compared to g77). I am surprised that
configure didn't flag the absence of g77 and not create a makefile.

-wn