[ydl-gen] Scilab for linux ppc

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Dec 8 06:56:06 MST 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:51:23 -0800
Warren Nagourney <warren at phys.washington.edu> wrote:

> I have the default repositories in yum (I added one - forgot what it
> was and can't check now as I am in OS X) and yum didn't find g77 (I
> typed "yum install g77"). I have been using g77 for years in OS X,
> though I switched to xlf when it became (temporarily, alas) available
> on OS X (at a great price for edu users and with a 30% to 70%
> improvement in performance compared to g77). I am surprised that
> configure didn't flag the absence of g77 and not create a makefile.
>
> -wn

Hi Warren:

Once I say this, you will experience a Homer Simpson "Duh" moment.

Within YDL try:

#yum search "*fortran*"

Told ya...

By the way, the current fortran programming projects have moved onto gfortran;
which is available within YDL 5.  The older versions of fortran and YDL do not
have the components (read libraries) to handle the current standard.  From
previous discussions I suspect this fact will matter to you a great deal.

Best wishes...