[ydl-gen] Headless Booting an Xserve...

Wujciak, James (US SSA) james.wujciak at baesystems.com
Tue Jan 17 05:34:37 MST 2006

I am setting up headless Xserve slave nodes (G5s). I have bootable disks
that boot 'automatically through default settings': if there is a video
card installed. But if there is  no video card I have to intervene with
Open Firmware commands that direct the boot to hd:2,\\yaboot.

I know that through an OF command the boot-device may be set- but that
will not persit through an OF reset. Is there a way to set the
boot-device in the ofboot.b file (or similar file) to make this change
follow the boot disk?

Jim Wujciak