[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 Installation: Creating software RAID

Sascha Frey sfrey at ti.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 19 11:50:50 MST 2006

Hi!

I'm currently trying to install YDL 4.1 on my G5.
I've got two identical disks installed.
I want to set up my root partition on a software RAID level 1 array.

I leaved /dev/sda1 & /dev/sdb1 untouched (apple partition map). I created an apple bootstrap aprtition (1 MByte) on every drive (/dev/sda2 & /dev/sdb2).
After this I tried to create a partition with filesystem type Linux RAID. After setting up size & file system type I get an error message: "Could not allocate requested partitions: requested FileSystemType needs a flag that is not available.."
I can't create raid partitions.

How can I create a software RAID array?

I only want to have Linux on this box. Maybe I need to switch to PC partitioning scheme?
Partitioning on a Mac seems to be a little bit weired to me...

Thanks,

Sascha