[ydl-gen] Apache web server & virtual hosts

R. Hirschfeld ray at unipay.nl
Tue Jul 25 17:06:54 MDT 2006

Eric,

> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:30:15 -0400
> From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar at gmail.com>
>
> I have been trying to set up virtual hosts on my webserver (so I can
> do foo.bar.com, big.bar.com, etc.bar.com).
>
> I managed to set one up successfully using the webmin interface for
> port 6900. I tried to add a second virtual host on a different port
> but it wouldn't be recognised.

> Any ideas? Do I need to tell httpd to do something special other than restart?

Did you instruct apache to listen to the other ports, using the LISTEN
directive in httpd.conf?  A vhost on a particular port won't have any
effect if you're not listening on that port.

Out of curiosity, why are you setting up the vhosts on separate ports?
Why not just use the same port for all of them (80, for that matter,
or 443 for SSL)?

Ray