[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 questions - file sharing & OldWorld support

Jim Ricken jsac346 at HotPoP.com
Sun Mar 12 13:05:59 MST 2006

Andrew wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 12:33 -0500, Andrew wrote:
>

>> I just tried 4.1 on my OldWorld G3/300. The kernel does boot somewhat..
>> modules.dep is missing and ramdisk??? report an incomplete write?. It
>> then proceed to boot my current Breezy installation with ydl 4.1 kernel.
>> It is not using the YDL 4.1 CD1 at all.
>>
>> There is no internet connection.. I did not search a way at all as the
>> system loaded unexpectedly into Breezy anyway. I could very well be the
>> 'root=/dev/hdc7' kernel arguments..
>>
>> I'll try again with /dev/ram and /dev/hda as root..it might just work ;)
>>

>> Stay Tuned. I'll get to back in a hour or so to report success or
>> failure. Right now we know the kernel is functional on OldWorld
>> stuffs ;)

       Andrew YDL 4.1 booted ok for me on my mac 8600 W/400mhz G4
upgrade went with text -install
    Till It got to where it could not find my cdrom which is scsi
    Thats where I'm stuck at
Jim