[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 on an OldWorld Mac

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 13:19:31 MST 2006

I'm sure everyone here remembers that Old World Macs also need to use
BootX which is not supplied with YDL 4 forward!  BootX functions from
the Mac Classic control panel ( in fact it is a control panel) which
the Mac boots first allowing the user to choose which OS is going to be
booted into first Mac Classic or YDL.

There are other means of getting this done but none as nice as what
BootX does.  In any event, BootX requires special settings so that it
will function with current versions of YDL.  I have not read what is
the latest on that side of the universe for awhile; at least if there
are people running those systems they haven't been writing to this
list.