[ydl-gen] So, PS3

Ted Goranson tedg at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 17 14:28:56 MST 2006

Bill Mueller wrote on 11/17/06:
>This is true for any Linux platform, and therein lies the power of
>the OS.  While not everything is provided, you're not limited in
>capabilities.

But there are no other Linux distros that I know that are on such a
radically different architecture than the kernel and all the tools
expect. And it is likely that to really get the fun out of the thing,
we really will need someone in charge to champion our explorations.
And that needs to be TS, IBM or Sony.

This business of cascaded state and twinned siblings is all new.

It ain't gonna be Sony. And it ain't gonna be Linus.

In a way, TS is situated where Microsoft was (but without the early
blood). If they only could find a way to let the hacker community
play. Maybe they will, or someone will.