[ydl-gen] SSH and hung with YDL 4.0 and G4

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Mon Oct 23 23:09:03 MDT 2006

> Why you would take the trouble to get a Gbit "switch", update
> ssh, and keep using YDL 4.0?

Our office just switched its network to gigabit so I don't have much choice
here.

> Is there a reason you are staying with the earlier version of YDL?
> Perhaps you are waiting for YDL 5?
> Regardless of your reasons YDL 4.1 is very much ahead of YDL 4.0.

No reasons, it is just that I could not find a compelling reason nor an easy way
to upgrade to 4.1. So if I upgrade I would prefer to wait 5.0.

> If you were a bit more specific identifying your difficulty
> perhaps I could suggest something less general.

The issue is that I get something like after a few seconds of download:

file.iso.gz                                 35%   66MB 100.7KB/s  -- stalled --

I've read that it could have to do with the small amount of memory that I have
and the file I'm transferring is quite large. I've played with the MTU setting
and it did behave better but still it did not complete the download.

Thanks,
Manu