[ydl-gen] ydl5 kernel compilation on PS3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Apr 2 02:39:46 MDT 2007

The latest information posted is a bit dated, however the principles are
the same regarding custom kernel creation and installation.  I've
included another instruction regarding checking yaboot; the point is
merely to insure that your kernel is properly identified at boot.  You
may not even have yaboot running on the PS3, I really don't know as I
don't have one.

So merely look around your system first -- without changing anything --
for anything similar which may be mentioned in the instructions.  You
may be able to notice something you can do -- before you decide to do it
however, I would recommend that you check back here and confer with
others who do have a PS3 regarding the information in these links.

It always appears, to me, like it's a Law of the Universe or something
that when an individual is in a jam the skilled people one always finds
most instructive are never online at the same time.  Anyway I hope it's
enough information to help at least with a cross-check so that you
insure yourself you've covered the essentials.

Here's the links:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/kernels.shtml

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/yaboot_kernel.shtml

Best of Luck...