[ydl-gen] ydl5 kernel compilation on PS3

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 03:17:11 MDT 2007

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 04:39:46 -0400 Derick Centeno
<aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

> The latest information posted is a bit dated, however the principles
> are the same regarding custom kernel creation and installation.  I've
> included another instruction regarding checking yaboot; the point is
> merely to insure that your kernel is properly identified at boot.
> You may not even have yaboot running on the PS3, I really don't know
> as I don't have one.

PS3 YDL uses kboot instead of yaboot, and since Amos
mentioned /etc/kboot.conf, and other kboot things, I think he has that
bit sussed out.

I have not tried a YDL kernel recompile yet, but it's on my TODO, so I
can't really offer any words of advice right now.