[ydl-gen] Petition to open RSX for "other OS"

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Apr 19 07:55:24 MDT 2007

Quoting Brian Wood <beww at bresnan.net>:

> On Apr 19, 2007, at 6:36 AM, Derick Centeno wrote:
>
> > A lot of persons face a challenge regarding English syntax.  However,
> > everyone has an opportunity to learn more as every message
> > conveyed, in
> > nearly any media, can always be improved upon.  Fortunately, this is
> > true in every human language -- not only English.
> >
> > You are free to write to the author of the petition suggesting your
> > own
> > improvements.  If he likes and accepts your suggestions he may use and
> > even post them when time and circumstance, permits.
>
> Actually the first rule of petitions is to figure out the proper
> party to address it to.
>
> The problem being complained about might be with Sony, or it might be
> with nVidia, or it could be with a third-party hardware or software
> developer contracted by either of those parties, or an entity that we
> have not even thought of.
>
> First rule of shooting, be sure of your target.
>
> Brian Wood
> beww at beww.org

So far the only official communication that we have is on a Terrasoft interview
on the GDC earlier this year.

Me personally I will only invest money on the PS3 IF the RSX gets some
form of support. Otherwise I'll just stick with the PS2 Linux and eventually
move to XNA.

Sorry but I don't buy into the PS3 Linux better than PS2 Linux thing. The
distribution is more up to date, true. However the PS2 version supports the
hardware a way lot better (not 100% but better than the PS3 case).

Cheers,
Paulo