[ydl-gen] PS3 1080p Framebuffer

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:35:36 MDT 2007

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:34:07 -0700 Chris Brown <cmb-msn at chibi.ca> wrote:

> I am attempting to get the PS3 to display full 1920x1080 (1080p) on a
> monitor.  In the PS3 game-os, this resolution works just fine (also
> works with the cable box).
>
> I have managed to get my PS3 YDL to boot up in 1080p mode as
> recommended in the HOWTOs (first testing with ps3videomode then
> modifying kboot.conf),

Does it actually boot into 1080p mode though?  Does a text console
display at 1080p?  Does a text console use all of the screen?

> however I run into one of a couple of problems
> when X starts depending on how xorg.conf is configured.

Might just be some strange limitation of X or the framebuffer.

> which almost files the screen top-to-bottom, but only fills about 2/3
> of the width of the screen.

Looks like you are actually getting 1080p, but X is having difficulty
with that.  I don't have a suitable monitor for testing that out with.

Has anybody else managed 1080p in X an a PS3?