[ydl-gen] 1920x1200 on PS3

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Fri Dec 7 21:15:20 MST 2007

Does anyone know how to get WUXGA (1920x1200) to work on a PS3? I
just bought a reasonably priced (LG l246W) monitor whose native
resolution is 1920x1200 and which supports HDMI. I expected videomode
13 to work, but it cuts off about 15% from each side of the screen
and about 5% of the top. I tried the widescreen version to no avail.
Even 1080P doesn't work properly - the scaling is wrong and part of
the screen is cut off (in videomodes 5 and 133). I tried to play with
the xorg.conf, but it seems that the various geometrical parameters
are ignored by the ps3. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Warren Nagourney