[ydl-gen] VVDQ : power supply for old Airport Base Station

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Jan 6 12:50:00 MST 2007

We still have our August 2002 G3 iBook, and an Airport Base
Station that used to work with it.

The Base  Station itself is Dual Ethernet model, according
to the pix at
http://search.info.apple.com/?search=Go&lr=lang_en&kword=&type=&newstype=&q=airport%20base%20station

I have the base station in hand, but not the transformer
that went with it
-- despite my long habit of keeping such things together,
alas!

I'm pretty sure it's still in this house -- somewhere; but
finding it is
going to be anything but trivial. So I have two Very Very
Dumb Questions.

First, how will I recognize it when I have my hand on it?
Does it say
Apple on it, for instance? Or anything distinctive?

Second, if I don't find it, I have lots of old transformers
around from
equipment that has died, though they have not. If one of
them has a plug
that fits, does that mean all I need is that its output be
12 volts?

http://support.apple.com/specs/airport/AirPort_Base_Station_Dual_Ethernet.html
says one of its interfaces is a Power jack (12 V DC) which
seems to mean
that any 12-volt input that fits wouold work; but what I
know of hardware
would go in a gnat's eye, and I don't want to damage
anything.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User