[ydl-gen] Video modes on the PS3

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Mon Jan 8 22:12:20 MST 2007

I am afraid that I was unsuccessful in installing two of the programs:
emacs installed but wouldn't work (something about a color which wasn't
installed) and "locate" wasn't found (how ironic). This is the first
linux installation which I have ever seen without a working emacs. The
yum configuration files weren't set up properly (after a half hour of
googling, I figured it out). Something also not mentioned in the docs
was the location of ps3videomode (in /sbin). Of course without locate,
it was a little difficult to find. Again, is there a way to complete the
installation from the DVD without spending a lot of time with RPMs?

Thanks.

-wn