[ydl-gen] YDL 5.0.2 doesn't start installer on iBook A1005 (should be G3)

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Fri Jul 27 22:38:15 MDT 2007

在 2007-07-27五的 17:24 -0400,Derick Centeno写道:
> Mr. Zhang:
>
> YDL 5 support for iBook was evaluated and tested by TSS; their comments
> exist on this page:
>
> http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=3
>
> Please note the asterisks (*) regarding specific details discussing
> hardware.

At first glance, my iBook seems to be supported, as said:

Apple iBook 500-900MHz G3, 2001-2003
        Notes
        Tested*

        * This model was tested by the TSS Staff and/or beta test team
        and is functional with YDL v5.0.1.

And my iBook is 800MHz (if I recall correctly, I don't know how to
verify my processor frequency, because in Mac OS X '/proc/cpuinfo'
doesn't exist and I don't know other ways).

Later I noticed one line above:

        * An 800MHz white G3 iBook was found to be non-functional (no
        install). A new kernel is being tested. This may or may not
        apply to other models in this family.

This seems to suggest there are problems with my iBook. However this
line looks misplaced, it's placed in iBook G4 section and before iBook
G3 section (it should appear in iBook G3 section).

I don't know if there is a way to reach TSS staff for this problem and
hear their progress on testing the new kernel. If it's possible this
gets fixed in the next version or workaround by passing special boot
parameters?