[ydl-gen] YDL 5.0.2 doesn't start installer on iBook A1005 (should be G3)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 08:08:20 MDT 2007

Dear Mr. Zhang:

In this situation, perhaps the year the model was made could
make the meaning clearer.  The mailing lists are reviewed by TSS so
this query regarding the kernel should be addressed shortly.

Best of Luck...

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:38:15 +0800
Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:

> 在 2007-07-27五的 17:24 -0400,Derick Centeno写道:
> > Mr. Zhang:
> >
> > YDL 5 support for iBook was evaluated and tested by TSS; their comments
> > exist on this page:
> >
> > http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=3
> >
> > Please note the asterisks (*) regarding specific details discussing
> > hardware.
>
> At first glance, my iBook seems to be supported, as said:
>
> Apple iBook 500-900MHz G3, 2001-2003
>         Notes
>         Tested*
>

>         * This model was tested by the TSS Staff and/or beta test team
>         and is functional with YDL v5.0.1.
>
> And my iBook is 800MHz (if I recall correctly, I don't know how to
> verify my processor frequency, because in Mac OS X '/proc/cpuinfo'
> doesn't exist and I don't know other ways).
>
> Later I noticed one line above:
>
>         * An 800MHz white G3 iBook was found to be non-functional (no
>         install). A new kernel is being tested. This may or may not
>         apply to other models in this family.
>
> This seems to suggest there are problems with my iBook. However this
> line looks misplaced, it's placed in iBook G4 section and before iBook
> G3 section (it should appear in iBook G3 section).
>
> I don't know if there is a way to reach TSS staff for this problem and
> hear their progress on testing the new kernel. If it's possible this
> gets fixed in the next version or workaround by passing special boot
> parameters?

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.