[ydl-gen] Where should init scripts go within enlightenment?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Jun 13 05:44:53 MDT 2007

Still working on getting gpg-agent going within e17.  Referred to gnupgp.org
for their recommendations.  Still working through their suggestions, as well as
yours.

No success yet on getting this daemon up and running.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks for your recommendations again.
Derick.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 03:31:24 +1000
David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:53:13 -0400 Derick Centeno
> <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have an idea where init scripts for starting daemons
> > should go within enlightenment?
>
> Normally you would create a foo.desktop file that follows the
> freedesktop.org desktop file spec, and reference it in the
> ~/.e/e/applications/startup/.order file.
>
> > Background:
> > I'm following instructions for starting the gpg-agent daemon posted
> > here:
> >
> > http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Plugins#How_do_I_configure_gpg-agent_and_the_PGP_plugin.3F
>
> On the other hand, this seems to suggest that it is creating
> environment variables for use during your logged in session rather than
> just starting a daemon.  That's what the eval command is doing, taking
> the output from the gpg-agent command and executing it.  It is common
> snipped...
========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.