[ydl-gen] Google Earth on YDL 5.0

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Tue Mar 27 09:31:35 MDT 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Eric Dunbar wrote:

> I don't know enough about i86 vs. PPC in terms of CPU power but I do
> know I'll appreciate some of the spin off effects. Once the Linuxes
> get around to fully supporting the Intel Macs it means that, for all
> practical purposes, there will be only one architecture for Linux
> binaries (which means we'll get access to all the Intel binaries like
> Google Earth without having to play second fiddle (though, given the %
> of Linux users on Intel Mac that's not really that important ;-).

So who cares about binaries, as long as you have the source code and
a compiler.

Interestingly the third most popular CPU for Linux these days (after
Intel and PPC) is the ARM-based units. This is due in large part to
the little NSLU2s that can run full Linux distributions like Debian
and Gentoo, as well as others.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org