[ydl-gen] Java and SPUs

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed May 9 01:08:56 MDT 2007

Hi,

I don't think it will be provided.

Providing a way to access the SPUs directly goes
against Java portability. And if you want to access
the SPU with C code, the solution is already there
with JNI.

The only thing I think IBM might explore is a way to
have the JVM be smart enough, so that some code might
be dynamically compiled for the SPUs. But this is a
very hard problem to solve.

If you really want to explore the SPUs just use C/C++.

For each situation just use the right tool.

Cheers,
Paulo