[ydl-gen] kboot help on the PS3

Dave B. Sharp daveb_sharp at yahoo.ca
Sun May 13 08:46:59 MDT 2007

I have compiled up a new kernel, modified the
kboot.conf and kboot can not seem to find my new
kernel image, leaving my Linux partition unusable. Is
there a rescue procedure or disk. I tried
/boot/vmlinux... /boot/...img root=... without
success. The install instructions suggest that you can
tab through the boot options like with grub or yaboot
but I have yet to be able to do that. When I put the
ydl install disk in the system automatically boots
from the hard drive and not the dvd. I can't seem to
find much on the kboot boot loaeder, I am guessing
this is a proprietary loader. Any suggestions?
 Dave