[ydl-gen] Direct Rendering support for PS3

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Wed Nov 28 20:38:11 MST 2007

By the way, Shawn, there is absolutely no graphics acceleration for
either 2D or 3D stuff in the PS3 running linux. The OpenGL is
rendering entirely in the software. In general, I find the PS3
graphics unacceptably slow (I have never seen a more sluggish system,
even my Mac 7800 running MkLinux 10 years ago was faster), but the
OpenGl seems surprisingly useable.

The RSX (the PS3 graphics processor) is in the process of being
"hacked" (legally) as we speak and I expect some great things in the
near future.

-wn