[ydl-gen] Direct Rendering support for PS3

Reese, Shawn S. Shawn.Reese at gd-ais.com
Thu Nov 29 12:19:32 MST 2007

That info is a big help.

One more question, were you just using the standard glxgears window
(small)?  If it's stretched out to 900x900, or almost full screen, what
kind of rates do you get?  I've seen the small window run surprisingly
fast like you're seeing.

The future stuff sounds interesting, I'll keep that in mind.

I've also looked at remote display, like you were doing with your
Powerbook, but the X process still eats up the entire cpu load on my
remote display server.  Sounds like the PS3 isn't the graphics display
I'm looking for, yet.  Which is interesting, since it's a gaming
console...

I'll start another thread on PowerPC graphics, not just the PS3.  Like I
mentioned before though, IBM doesn't give many choices for graphics.

Thanks for all the help