[ydl-gen] YDL 6 on a ibook G4 800 Mhz

furio ercolessi furio at spin.it
Mon Dec 8 15:08:46 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:40:23PM -0500, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

>  As to Warren's concerns with Apple G5 power supplies, I haven't had the same
> experience - my G5 hasn't had any serious issues.

These failures may be related with the widely discussed 'G5 coolant leaks'
issue (searching for these words returns lots of pages).

It apparently affected only 2.5 and 2.7 GHz PowerMacs, the only ones
with liquid cooling
[ http://www.fusina.net/G5_coolant_leaks/index.php?lg=uk ].

I feel very lucky to have bought a dual 2.3 GHz.

furio