[ydl-gen] VMware or Virtual box

Andres Tello Abrego criptos at aullox.com
Thu May 1 23:19:11 MDT 2008

I belive, VMware will not ever be supported on PS3, mainly, because
VMware is a full virtualization plataform, and needs that the
virtualized achitecture must be a set or subset of the host
architecture. So, that way you can be able to "simulate" a 486 over a
DualCore because each instruction can be maped to a new instruction.

SO, if you think, like an a translation layer, you would need a very
fast and smart VM to, not even map an instruction, but translate it and
interpret it, very fast.

To achieve this, you need a full software virtualization solution likes
Bochs, but it is slow as hell...

PS3 uses an Cell architecture, which is equal to none other architecture
of hardware... totally different from the x86 architecture you can find
at the consumer pc (including new macs)...