[ydl-gen] gcc 4.4

Robert Spykerman robert.spykerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:35:17 JST 2009

Ok, managed to get it built. It was actually somewhat easier than I thought.

I just had to add in the --enable-multilib flag and just the other
flags I wanted from the original stock gcc that came with YDL 6.2.
That flag,believe it or not, was apparently the only obstacle, and it
was right in front of my eyes all this time... /sigh. I need new
glasses.

So far it seems to work, I have rebuilt kernel 2.6.32 on it, and so
far /fingers-crossed it works with the old default userland.

I think my current boot-up which consists of the 4.4.2 built 2.6.32
kernel and drivers from a heavilly edited 2.6.29 ydl derived .config
appears more stable, than the default 2.6.29-ydl61.4, with my PS3
which is an old Aussie 40GB one with 3.10 firmware.

But that may be because I threw out some drivers that I didn't need as
well I guess... specifically ATA, RAID, bluetooth, WIFI...

On the plain vanilla 6.2 My box seemed to crash 10% of the time @
sysinit when loading the raid drivers which is just as well I don't
have a raid, heh.

Robert Spykerman
--
chown -R us ./base