[ydl-gen] String instructions emulation on PPC970MP

Patrice B pbfwdlist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 22:08:34 JST 2009

Hello,

  I'm using a Power Station as a build machine to generate code for
amcc440 cpu using gcc 4.4 with option -mcpu=440fp. Since this release
of gcc, I notice that code is generated with string instructions which
are not supported by Power Station cpu, and then, it makes build
failed if a newly built binary needs to be run for a next build step.
Is there a way to emulate those instructions on a Power Station (which
currently runs YDL 6.0)

  Best regards

        Patrice