[ydl-gen] FileSystem Remount Readonly Issue - Help Please

ghannon at cspi.com ghannon at cspi.com
Tue Jul 14 06:51:44 MDT 2009

Dene,

Try, as root:

    mount -t ext3 -o ro /dev/sdb5 /home/Lnx_CAD2

***
Before doing anything, even the mount, you may want to
move what's currently there to somewhere else
so you can take more than one shot at it,

     dd  if=/dev/sdb5 of="somewhere_else"  bs=512 count=?

You must determine the count based on how big the
sdb5 device is.   You must have someplace big enough
to store the binary information.   It may not be possible.

Then if one recovery effort fails you can copy it back
and try again another way.  Same command just reverse
the input and output files (if/of).

I have no idea how to recover files that have been
deleted.

Good Luck,

Gary Hannon

Dene Stringfellow <support at ridgedale.co.uk> on 07/14/2009 06:46:56 AM

Please respond to Discussion List for Yellow Dog Linux User Topics
      <yellowdog-general at lists.fixstars.com>