[ydl-gen] FileSystem Remount Readonly Issue - Help Please

Dene Stringfellow support at ridgedale.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 12:25:59 MDT 2009

Gary,

Thanks for your speedy feedback. That got me out of a hole. I will see
if I can find a spare drive that has enough disk space to do a dd image
of the partition. I've already tried using the debugfs command but when
I navigated to the parent directory of that which has been deleted and
typed ls -d nothing other than the existing files/directories were
returned. So far I have not been able to recover anything. I'm thinking
of trying adding the drive to a WinXP system and using an undelete tool
that supports the ext3 filesystem to attempt to recover the deleted
directory and its contents.

Many thanks again.

Dene

<http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>