[ydl-gen] (no subject)

Terence G Christopher tgchristopher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:46:47 MDT 2009

  Dear Derick thanks for your help I  attempted to follow the
instructions in the Fixstars packet you referred to.
Logging in as superuser I then followed the instructions.
The command install bluez-libs bluez-utils   worked with some packages
being installed, and then the replied "nothing to do", so I assume the
bluez-utils were already installed.
However the next command failed.. namely                service  hidd
stop [enter]
I got the reply:
                                                "bash command not found "
Similarly when I entered
service [enter]
 I got the reply
                                                    "bash command not
found."
typing :
hidd --server --nocheck -n [enter]
gave me the response  :
                                                  Cant listen on HIDD
control channel Address already in use.

I did not get to the hidd[8284] prompt
so I typed CTRL C  which didn't work and I exited with    Exit.

Checking in Linux manuals I could not find the command  "service".
Though there are clearly services such as Bluez. Next after finding The
Bluez reference on Wikipedia , I found a completely different set of
commands for getting Bluetooth devices paired.
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/InputDevices
However it is above my level of expertise to use them
Can anyone clarify for me why the commands did not work, and what should
be done?
Thanks
Graham