[ydl-gen] Java on PS3

Pat Wall pjwall at mac.com
Fri Jan 15 23:49:19 JST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:45:24 -0500
Derick Centeno <dcenteno at ydl.net> wrote:

Hi Derick

> Here's the shortcut after all the above has been completed find it
> (libjavaplugin_oji.so) in YDL 6.2.  It should be here:
>
> /opt/ibm/java*/jre/plugin/ppc/ns7
>
> I don't like recommending links soft or hard as they can be hard to
> remember and more problematic to change without affecting a Linux
> installation.  An alternative is to use the copy command (cp) and copy
> the desired plugin from the directory it was installed into and copy
> it into the new location so that you see this:
>
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

As far as I know it is recommended for the JRE browser plugin that you
use a symbolic link only to libjavaplugin_oji.so although other
plugins such as gnash and vlc can be copied to the plugins folder.

see http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Java

I found that if I copied libjavaplugin_oji.so it didn't register
with Firefox and no applets would be displayed but it didn't
actually cause a crash as indicated in the link above.

All the best

Pat