Video Card problem

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
12 Apr 2002 11:39:42 -0600

Having just messed with X quite a bit (and managing to succeede a bit in
my endeavor for faster responsiveness of the gui on my Lombard), I have
a couple of suggestions...

The first is that you re-run the Xconfigurator application and choose a
lower resolution/color depth.  I would suggest trying 640X480 X 256
colors, just to see if it works... if it does then you can derive
several things:

1)  your video card is found by X and should work in a higher mode
2)  You need to go to XFree86.org and read what they have to say about
your card:
http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/index.html

Just find the model/manufacturer there and dig in the docs a bit to find
out what you need to do.

Uhmm... Also, keep in mind that I am pretty new to this stuff as well,
so I might be waaaaayyy off, but at least it's a starting point for
you..

Good Luck!

-Kimball Larsen