Can't Connect With DHCP Cable Modem

Galen Senogles yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to connect using airport and dsl, using
dhcp.  When I try to configure using netconfig it says
the same thing.  So here is what you do, you have to
know most of your information i.e. ip address,  subnet
mask, router, stuff like that.  Correct me if I'm
wrong anyone, but all that the netconfig does is enter
that information in.  So the way you can get around it
is this:

in root enter

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts ; then use a text
editor to enter the information:

pico ifcfg-eth0 or eth1, whatever your using

then a text editor will come up; you enter all the
information included dhcp and all the other good
stuff.  I hope this helps a little.