Cursor-problem with YDL2.2 and PowerBook

David Johnston yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:19:37 +0100

Paulo,

I have just had exactly the same thing with YDL2.4 on a std G4
desktop setup: mouse is recognised in boot sequence, but frozen in
middle of KDE desktop (but with everything else accessible and
functioning via keyboard shortcuts).

What cured it for me was to make sure that you specify the
accelerated graphics option in Xconfiguration (despite this being
flagged as the less reliable option). Turn it off and mouse freezes
in centre of KDE desktop, turn it back on and all OK.

Next question, how to run Xconfigurator from KDE without a mouse! To
get into Xconfigurator from this state do "Alt F2" and type
/usr/X11R6/bib/Xconfigurator, (or Alt F2 and type Konsole to run a
Konsole window, then run Xconfigurator from there (full path not
needed in this case)). Use tab to move between options and spacebar
for dropdown menuess (like the restart X option on login screen). I
think that you probably need to be root to run the configurator.

(NOTE it is Xconfigurator with a capital X, which might also explain
why I can't run Xconfigutator from the Kmenu as it seems to be spelt
xconfigurator there!!!).

Hope this helps you.

David (another newbie).
--
David A. Johnston,
Secretary to the WHO Schistosoma Genome Network,

Tel: 020-7942-5566/5008/5152
Fax: 020-7942-5347
(from outside the UK: 44-20-7942 ****)
eMail daj@nhm.ac.uk

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/schisto/

The  Biomedical Parasitology Division is a WHO Collaborating Centre
for the identification of schistosomes and their snail hosts.

Now at The Natural History Museum: Predators (until 6 May 2002)
Coming Soon: Turbulent Landscapes (opens 19 April 2002), Dino-Birds: The
Feathered Dinosaurs of China (opens 18 July 2002, Phase One of the new
Darwin Centre (opens September 2002)