HELP!-Installation problems on multiple 6500s

Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:27:01 -0400

I had similar problems installing YDL 2.2 on a 6400/200 with 88MB of RAM and
a 4 GB hard drive. I installed a 20GB drive thinking it might be related to
drive space, but got the same errors (the same ones that you are reporting).
I finally got YDL 2.2 to install on this machine by changing the default
kernel installation option to the other choice that is available from the
BootX  menu at startup. I can't remember what the actual option(s) was, as
I'm at work and am not near the machine. After changing the option for which
kernel is installed, YDL installed on the 6400 without a hitch. The same
solution might work for you too, unless the BootX menu in YDL 2.3 is
different and doesn't offer this option.

Hope this helps.
--
Bill Dhalle
SUBLEVEL 3 Design Works