Newbie Install...help with Yellow Dog Linux

Nigel Bailey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:58:11 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_zfmzk7eWMi9EpUVHNKy7Sg)

I followed every YDL 2.3 install instruction to the letter for my G3 266 Mh=
PowerPC.  However after I install and reboot I get an error saying =B3INIT:
=B3x=B2 is respawning too fast, shutting down for 5 minutes.=B2  That message
continues to repeat infinitely.  I am very new to Linux and I=B9d appreciate
any help from anyone at all.  I have learned a lot about Linux in a week an=
I hope to keep on learning...
Thanks in advance....

--Boundary_(ID_zfmzk7eWMi9EpUVHNKy7Sg)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Newbie Install...help with Yellow Dog Linux</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE="Verdana">I followed every YDL 2.3 install instruction to the letter for my G3 266 Mhz PowerPC. &nbsp;However after I install and reboot I get an error saying &#8220;INIT: &#8220;x&#8221; is respawning too fast, shutting down for 5 minutes.&#8221; &nbsp;That message continues to repeat infinitely. &nbsp;I am very new to Linux and I&#8217;d appreciate any help from anyone at all. &nbsp;I have learned a lot about Linux in a week and I hope to keep on learning...<BR>
Thanks in advance....</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_zfmzk7eWMi9EpUVHNKy7Sg)--