Does Yellow Dog Linux work with CPU accelerators?

Mark Walker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:58:05 -0700

Yes, it will use any processor you mount in the processor card slot.  The
only powermac I'd question is the 7200.  It retains the original processor
(soldered to the board) and uses an upgrade processor card in a pci.  MacOS
then loads an extension to switch processors.  It also has two DIMM slot on
the upgrade card.  I'm guessing this would hold true for Macs that can use
an upgrade in their L2 Cache slot.
Your 7300 should will work with the upgrade card.