Installing YDL 2.3 on my iMac, or not

Dylan M. Madenski yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
10 Dec 2002 20:37:53 PST

I'm attempting to install YDL 2.3 on my iMac and having a bit of trouble doing
it.  I set a partition to install YDL into and booted up off the install CD.
After this I hit return so as to use the GUI install (as per the instructions
found on the web page).  After this text rockets up from the bottom of the
screen for a bit only to stop at:

ds: no socket drivers loaded!

followed immediately by:

RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0.

Once this appears the cursor sits at the bottom of the screen and blinks.  Can't
type, no mouse cursor to move.  Eventually the screen goes black (I'm assuming
this is a screensaver) and I can't do anything to get it back.  What should I
do?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for yer' time.

-Dylan Madenski