YDL 2.3 on 9500 w/ATI XClaim 128

Dylan Hand yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:17:55 -0400

Ok, hopefully somebody here can help me, please?

I'm trying to install YDL 2.3 on my 9500 / 180 MP. I have 352MB of RAM,
8x CD, and a ATI XClaim VR 128. I can do a text install by turning off
Video Drivers in BootX, but no matter what I do, I can not get the GUI
install to work. If I turn off Video drivers, I get a picture, but it is
barely readable, only fills half the screen and is purple-tinted. I also
have a IxMicro 128 TwinTurbo, but that just complicates the problems
more. Anyway, I can it installed with the Text install, however,
"startx" will not boot the GUI. It just goes to a black screen and never
comes back. Same thing if I try with no video drivers. Anybody have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Dylan

BTW, Mac OS 9.1, YDL 2.3, 9500, 180*2 MHz, 9 gig HD for Mac OS, 2 gig
(separate) for YDL.