Install Problems

Rob Bair yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:09:23 -0500

Have you tried the text based installer?

When you installed the BootX app from the CD, it should drop a number of
boot images in you system folder.  Under the options button in BootX,
the lowest checkbox, to use a specific boot image can be changed.  I had
to try a couple of these boot-install images to get the whole process to
work smoothly, and the one that worked best was the simple text based.
The YDL readme notes explain it better than I can, but look for the text
based installer.

Rob

Robert Bair
Laboratory Manager
Gentra Systems, Inc.
763.543.0684=20
rbair@gentra.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyatt Anderson [mailto:wanderson@wyattanderson.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:58 PM
To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Install Problems

Well, I had YDL 2.1 (Fuji) running just fine a while back, then I erased
the disk (since I had nothing really important) and then downloaded the
2.2
(Rome) ISO to try to install that. However, installing it has proven to
be impossible. I can boot to the install screen etc. and everything is
fine, then it freezes when it tries to install "Ghostscript fonts" or
whatever. I've got it on a 5GB partition on a PowerMac 4400/200 (not the
actual one but a clone) with the install disk on an external SCSI
CD-ROM. Has anyone else encountered this problem or is there a possible
fix?
--=20
Wyatt Anderson
wyatt@wyattanderson.com