KPPP & Browsing problems.

Ed Smith-Rowland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:17:17 -0400

--------------B32B9BDD89CA6C70873075DB

All,
I'm running YDL-2.3 on a G3 iMac.  Works great except I'm having trouble
browsing.
I log into a regular user account and start KPPP (which asks me for root
password which I give)
I get my account set up so that I am connected.  I have the phone#,
username, password, DNS
all correct.  I connect, it (kppp) dials, and seems to be running.
(Noise on the phone, time ticking on
the little kppp window.)

Then I try to bring up mozilla or konquerer or even lynx and click a
site and I get
'www.xxx.zzz not resolved' or not found or something. (I'm at work now
so I don't remember).
I have the DNS IP addresses and they are the same as on my MaxOS8.6
partition.

Is there something I need to tell the browser about the modem or how to
connect?

I've tried browsing under as a user and as root.

Ideas?

--
Ed
Smith-RowlandE@jsc.mil